EVE Asset Manager
EVE Asset Manager is a program that will help you manage your assets in the game EVE Online. It downloads your characters’ assets from the EVE API, then lets you view and search them. Please e-mail your suggestions, comments, and bug reports to wjrogers at gmail
. Include “EVE” in the subject line to help me filter my mail. Thanks!
I have put a lot of my free time into this project and I would like to make it useful to as many people as possible. If you would like to help out in some way, please contact me to let me know what you think of the program. If you still want to help, I’m also happy to accept your donations of ISK. Please send them to Goncyn.
EVE Asset Manager 1.6.3
EVE Dominion 1.1.1 static data export
(11,122 KB) (hosted on eve.no-ip.de)
If you need a program to decompress .bz2 files, try 7-zip
How to Install
- Install the .NET Framework 2.0, which you can get from Microsoft Downloads.
- Extract EVE Asset Manager (download links above) to a folder somewhere on your computer.
- Extract the EVE data dump to the same folder as in #2.
- Run EVE Asset Manager and use the “Options > Manage Keys” menu item to enter your account ID(s) and full API key(s), which you can get from http://myeve.eve-online.com/api/.
You should now be able to click “Options > Refresh Assets” and get a list of all your assets. Use the search fields and the “Query” button to search. For further documentation, you can have a look at the FAQ
How to Upgrade
To upgrade, simply download the latest EVE Asset Manager zip file above, then extract the new files, overwriting your old EVE Asset Manager files. After upgrading, please click “Options > Refresh Assets” to make sure any changes to the local cache format take effect.
If you are updating to a newer version of the EVE data dump, I recommend deleting the old one. That will make sure you aren’t still using the old one unknowingly. Check “Options > Options… > General > Data dump path” and verify it points to the new file.
- EVE-Central.com, EVE Metrics, and zofu for providing pricing data
- My corp mates and fellow shackers for being willing guinea pigs testers
- zofu for providing the data dump in SQLite3 format
- zofu for keeping tabs on me for a year and bugging me enough to get me working on the program again
Version 1.6.3, 14 February 2010
- Add volume column and predicate
- Add full key info and link to key manager
- Add cache status detail dialog
- Add status bar with first asset cache expiration time
- Improve progress feedback when updating market prices
- Fix CSV export bugs
Version 1.6.2, 8 January 2010
- Change market pricing to use zofu’s 30-day aggregate data
- Add option to choose from all regions, connected highsec, or a specific region
- Add option to choose mean, median, low, or high price
- Improves quality of pricing by aggregating EVE-Central and EVE Metrics data
- Improves speed of price query significantly
- Change ship loadout report sort order back to the way it was before 1.6.0
- Change toolbar icons to pinvoke fugue set
- Improve interface feedback and error handling in key manager dialog
- Fix globalization problems with parsing decimal and floating point numbers (‘,’ vs ‘.’)
- Fix boolean ‘Or’ switching to ‘And’ when loading a saved search
- Tweak grid appearance
Version 1.6.0, 3 January 2010
- Add support for API proxies (see for example http://api.eve-dev.com/)
- Add containerID query predicate
- Add user option for path to CCP data dump
- Add market pricing of all items from EVE Central, updated on asset query
- Add daily cost estimates to POS Fuel report
- Add options dialog:
- “Use market pricing” to turn off price queries entirely
- zero blueprint prices, use baseprice, correct baseprices.
- refresh assets at startup
- default report output path
- open newly generated reports
- Fix error when saved search names differ only in case
- Fix confusion between 32/64-bit versions by setting platform target to x86
- Fix screwiness with hitting enter in dialogs causing the main form’s query to run
- Fix (?) locationIDs for corporation Office items using bizarre method suggested on forum
Version 1.5.1, 8 February 2008
- Fixed an error “no such table: eve.invTypes” caused by using a relative path for the static db (triggered by using the browse button in the Report Options dialog).
Version 1.5.0, 5 February 2008
- Added ‘Manage Saved Queries’ dialog.
- Added option to use a saved search in the Report Options dialog.
- Added CSV export.
- Added ‘Assets by Category’ report.
- Added ‘Assets by Location’ report.
- Added basePrice and metaLevel columns and search fields.
- Added price info/disclaimer to applicable reports.
- Added ability to use cached XML data when contacting the API fails.
- Added awareness of Outposts for purposes of getting location names.
- Changed to use avg_sell_price instead of avg_price for Materials report.
- Tweaked report output to validate as XHTML 1.1 with minimal warnings.
- Tweaked formatting of Ship Loadouts report headings.
- Tweaked formatting of numeric columns.
- Fixed a few situations that could lead to a missing assets table in the local cache.
Version 1.4.2, 28 January 2008
- Added POS Fuel report.
- Changed so the user can resize columns again.
- Improved behavior of reports when location is null/blank.
- Fixed handling of location IDs on items in nested containers, all items should have their proper locations after you refresh your assets (see the FAQ for a caveat involving capital ships).
Version 1.4.0, 27 January 2008
- Added save/load of searches.
- Added Materials report.
- Added Ship Loadouts report.
- Added About dialog.
- Added option in Key Manager to enable/disable corp query for each character (the toggle will be automatically turned off if querying corp assets for that character fails).
- Added unique ID of container to the Container field.
- Added Import XML feature.
- Added ID search field.
- Added quantity search field.
- Added <, <=, >, >= operators for Number fields.
- Added boolean drop-down to search fields (please see FAQ).
- Changed Keep-Alive to false on web requests, potential fix for error reported by Frank.
- Fixed beep noise from unhandled KeyDown event when hitting Enter on a search field.
- Fixed handling of duplicate IDs (skip the duplicate row).
- Fixed ParseAssets swallowing exceptions.
- Fixed the grid. FIXED THE GRID!!! It’s fast now.
Version 1.3.0, 22 January 2008
- Added support for fetching corporation assets. (Works automatically when one of the characters found is a Director or CEO. The corporation assets will show up with the corporation name in the “Owner” column.)
- Minor interface tweaks.
Version 1.2.0, 21 January 2008
- Added fancy predicate-based search.
Version 1.1.0, 19 January 2008
The source code for this project is hosted on GitHub
. GitHub makes it easy for you to branch the project and contribute code (read about GitHub
). You will need the git version control system
to obtain a copy. There are three separate projects, two libraries and the main application. You can also download a ZIP or tarball source archive by clicking the “download source” header on the GitHub project page.
I am happy to review any patches sent my way.
License and other Legal Info
Copyright © 2008-2010 William J Rogers (wjrogers at gmail).
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License
for more details.
Icons from the pinvoke fugue
set copyright © Yusuke Kamiyamane used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license.
Application window icons including the main application’s “treasure chest” icon are from free icon sets by Firewheel Design, obtained from IconBuffet